Proven ILLINOIS LAWYER PROVIDES effective advocacy FOR CLIENTS FACING A WIDE RANGE OF LEGAL MATTERS
Accomplished general practice attorney protects Springfield area clients’ personal and commercial interests
Those looking for legal assistance deserve someone in their corner who will aggressively represent their interests. At the law office of James R. Potter, P.C., I provide my clients with such representation. From my office in Springfield, Illinois, I advise individuals on resolving family law disputes such as divorce, planning for their loved ones’ futures through estate planning and guiding them on their real estate and business endeavors. With over 50 years of experience practicing law, I am confident that I can help you.
Established law firm offers exemplary service
I take every legal matter put in front of me very seriously, and my clients can be confident that I am:
- Well-respected — I am AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and have been recognized for my high ethical standards and the strength of my legal abilities, which I will aggressively apply to your legal challenges.
- Experienced — I am an accomplished, tenacious counselor. I can analyze your case to discern the legal issues stemming from the pertinent facts and provide you with a legal roadmap for resolving those issues.
- Detail-oriented — Given my years of experience, I can provide comprehensive review of agreements with vendors, customers and other parties to ensure that your legal and financial interests are well protected.
You can rely on me to use all of these qualities when it comes to handling your case.
Skilled representation for clients in personal and professional matters
I serve individuals and businesses in matters related to:
- Business law — I assist clients with business formation, ensure compliance with various banking law regulations and help with other business law matters. I also use my commercial litigation background to handle business disputes of a range of sizes that deal with leasing, loans and collection disputes, shareholder agreements and more.
- Probate and trust litigation — After the death of a loved one, the distribution of assets left to surviving family and loved ones can give rise to trust disputes and will contests as well as disagreements over the assignment of heirs and beneficiaries and other related matters. When this happens, I do not hesitate to represent you in court during the probate and trust litigation process.
- Family law — As a tenacious negotiator who has handled many family law cases, I will work to arrange favorable terms on your behalf when it comes to divorce proceedings and spousal maintenance (also known as alimony) decisions. When it comes to the division of marital property, I will also advise you on the equitable distribution process.
In addition to these services, I also offer effective and reliable real estate law counsel. No matter which of these areas you’re dealing with, I am here for you.
Schedule your free initial consultation with an Illinois lawyer today
When you face legal challenges concerning probate and trust issues, business transactions, real estate, divorce, custody or other family matters, I am here to help you resolve them. Call 217-806-0323 or contact me online to set up your free initial consultation at my Springfield office.